Brennan's Birthday
Brennan turned 1 on Valentine's Day. His Aunt Jenn and 6 month old cousin Ben came up from Houston and Gran visited from New Orleans. We had a great time. Brennan was gracious enough to allow us to go to Lou Malnati's for pizza on his birthday lunch even though he doesn't eat pizza. He slept on Gran through most of it. Though he did wake up long enough for some bare pasta, sausage, and the presentation of a cookie ice cream sunday that he couldn't eat.
I did make a lovely king cake for his birthday cake. I had tried several other birthday cake recipes, none of which I was very happy with. So, I decided to try a king cake and it turned out perfectly! I am so proud of myself. I made it in a heart shape and put some red sugar along with the Mardi Gras purple, green, and gold in honor of Valentine's Day.
And now the pictures in no particular order.

Nora and Ben. He's a bit more interested in Mr. "Sweet" Potato head than in Nora's embrace.

The Holmes Family

Ben and Brennan pretending to be archers.


It was hard to get the cousins to sit still for a photo op.

Elizabeth with the 2 babies.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home